- India misses power capacity addition target for 2nd yr in row
- World Bank pegs India's GDP growth at 7.5% in 2015-16
- No rate reduction by 70 banks despite two cuts by RBI
- Wheat procurement may miss 30-mn tonnes target this year: Govt
- US Defence Secretary to visit in June to ink defence agreement
- Crude oil futures fall by Rs 30 per barrel on global cues
- Mallya escalates war on USL board
The GST Bill was part of a strategy to take the focus away from farmers’ suicide and the Land Bill.
The economic corridor connecting China’s Xinjiang to Pakistan's Gwadar shows China acceptance that PoK belongs to Pakistan.
US President Barack Obama is all praise for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
With the party that once hogged the limelight, now fighting for survival,Sitaram Yechury has a tough task pulling the CPI (M) up from an existential crisis.
Government's wheat procurement this year may fall short of the initial target of 30 million tonnes.
- ■ Lok Sabha to take up GST Bill next week
- ■ FinMin discusses 85 large projects; NPAs with RBI, banks
Projecting a growth rate of 7.5%, the World Bank suggested that India should step up economic reforms.
- ■No rate reduction by 70 banks despite two cuts by RBI
- ■Kotak Mahindra Bank to open branch at GIFT City in Gujarat
Balanced Funds performed better than monthly income plans, debt and even large-cap equity peers last fiscal.
- ■Market Wrap: Zero-sum game for investors so far in 2015
- ■Top 9 Sensex firms lose over Rs 1 lakh crore in m-cap
The RSS has alleged that farmer Gajendra Singh's suicide was a "drama" enacted by AAP which turned out to be a "tragedy".
- ■Net neutrality: Rahul Gandhi seeks suspension of question hour
- ■BJP MPs to counter Oppn 'propaganda' on Land Bill
US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter will be visiting India in June.
- ■ Fadnavis offers to set up Indo-Israel industrial park in Maha
- ■New ITR forms - Special team to re-draft format after criticism
India has missed the power generation capacity addition target for the second straight year in last fiscal, a report said.
- ■Bank of India to raise $750 mn through bonds
- ■Wockhardt shares plunge as it recalls select drugs in US
Ratan Tata has acquired a stake in Chinese handset maker Xiaomi
- ■Google wireless phone service challenges carriers
- ■Reliance Jio launches messaging, calling app Jio Chat
April 20: One tax issue that has FIIs worried is the application of Minimum Alternate Tax. While the govt has been at loggerheads with FIIs over the matter, Revenue Secretary, Shaktikanta Das has clarified that the govt will press ahead with existing MAT demands and that FIIS can seek legal remedy on the issue. Mehak Kasbekar caught up with the Revenue Secretary and began by asking if the govt was sending mixed signals on MAT?
- ■Exclusive - States red flag new mine auction rules
- ■Exclusive - Finance Bill may clear haze over MAT on FIIs