- Exclusive - Modi govt deserves "AAA" rating: Prabhu
- Exclusive - FDI in multi-brand retail may be repealed
- Exclusive – 'BJP not on back foot on Land Bill'
- Jayalalithaa takes charge as Tamil Nadu CM for the 5th time
- Settling border issue "critical" for India-China ties: NSA Ajit Doval
- Jaitley bats for rate cut, vows to push GST Bill
- Modi-led panels to meet again to choose CIC, CVC chiefs
- Uttarkhand projects completed 50% will get central funds
Constitution says Lieutenant Governor shall refer any matter to the President for decision case of difference of opinion with his Ministers.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s blog on the completion of one year of the Narendra Modi Government is reproduced below.
A minister must take full responsibility for the acts of his subordinates and should not say that his subordinates acted contrary to his wishes.
The Council of States or Rajya Sabha provides a "sober second thought" to contentious issues.
The joint committee of Parliament examining the land bill has sought the opinion of the common man and various stakeholders on the controversial legislation.
- ■ Uttarkhand projects completed 50% will get central funds
- ■ Jaitley bats for rate cut, vows to push GST Bill
Arun Jaitley on Saturday said inflation has been brought under control in the past one year but other challenges remained.
- ■We are self-insured against capital outflows: Rajan allays fears
- ■India targets $250 bn investment in power: Goyal
Catch What's buzzing at the Stock Markets today!View more
AIADMK General Secretary Jayalalithaa was sworn in for the fifth time as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.View more
The National Security Advisor Ajit Doval said 'Settlement of the border issue is "critical" for India-China ties.'
- ■Raju and Sharma contest before 5/20 final
- ■BJP never in favour of FDI in multi-brand retail: Arun Jaitley
After Idea cut 3G tariff via SMS offer, Vodafone follows suit.View more
India's leading publishing house teams up with North Base to fund $50,000-$100,000 in digital media start-ups .
- ■4G smartphone sales to increase in India: Report
- ■Airtel starts 4G trial in Mumbai; partners Flipkart, Samsung
May 21: As the Narendra Modi Government completes one year in office, BJP’s national general secretary P Muralidhar Rao told Bloomberg TV India’s Siddharth Zarabi that reviving economy occupied an important space for this Government. Rao said this Government has created a trust. Catch the full interview here.
- ■Exclusive - Modi pro-farmer, Land Bill help build rural infra
- ■Exclusive – 'BJP not on back foot on Land Bill'